Neuro Foundation is a tertiary referral hospital for Neuro patients. We offer a comprehensive range of medical and surgical facilities for the total management of Neuro patients under one roof. At Neuro Foundation Hospital, our foremost responsibility is to provide quality care and service to our patients. We are committed to meet your needs and to make your stay in the hospital comfortable and pleasant. Please do not hesitate to ask our staff for assistance. We wish you a pleasant stay.
When you are coming for admission, please check the following
- Your Doctor's referral letter.
- Your previous Test results, x-rays and list of the medications which you are presently taking.
- Passport (for NRI's & Foreign Nationals).
- The patient or his relative has to duly fill and sign the admission form prior to the admission.
- It is it be noted that the information given in the admission form should be correct as the same is noted in the admission papers and is used for all practical purposes like any medical certificate, insurance claim, medico legal purposes etc.
- Letter of guarantee from your Employer / Insurance Company, if part or all of your medical expenses are to be borne by your Employer / Insurance Company.
Advances and Deposits
- It is suggested that the deposit in accordance with the schedule of charges to be paid in advance, in order to avoid delay in completing admission formalities at the time of admission. The Registration Staff will inform you of the required deposit which may be paid by cash, cheque (made payable to Neuro Foundation ) or major Credit Cards.
- All payments for services rendered to be made directly to Neuro Foundation Hospital only.
- All hospitalisation estimates (expenses) will be strictly given only by the accounts department as per the recommendation of the treating consultants.
- Deposits/Payments are to be made in Cash/Demand Drafts and electronic money transfer. All Credit Cards are accepted
- All deposit receipts are provisional and should be surrendered at the time of discharge.
- If, during the stay of a patient, weekly bills that are submitted are not settled within the prescribed time, the Hospital reserves the right to transfer the patient to the General Ward.
- In the unlikely event of a breakdown of the computer system before the final bill is prepared, the patient will be required to make an additional deposit, approximating to the final bill at the time of his/her discharge. The final settlement of the bill will be made later on.
- Medical Claims for reimbursement purposes will be attested by the Accountant in charge of billing.
- All the drugs and consumables used at Neuro foundation are available at the Pharmacy division of the hospital.
- Incase of any extra/excess medicines, kindly inform the ward-incharge for refund of the same before discharge.
- Patients are advised not to keep any valuables, jewellery or other costly items with them during their stay at the Hospital.
- Foreigners and NRI’s are supposed to deposit their Passports and other relevant documents with the Hospital at the time of admission.
- Patients/relatives are requested not to tip the staff as this is strictly prohibited.
- Any employee demanding tips should be reported to the Ward Incharge or to a Medical Administrator on call.
- O P consultation with consultants are available from 11am – 6 pm on all days except Sunday.
- Prior appointment is necessary
- Every patient who wishes to avail the services at Neuro Foundation have to get registered. This is an onetime event in which a neuro number is generated and the patient needs to pay for appointment and all other services to availing the same.
- Walk in consultation are available but subject to availability of appointment with the requested consultants.
- In case of urgent or emergency consultation, you can contact the emergency department anytime.
IP ADMISSION Policy
- Admission to hospital is decided by the patients condition, health status and disease
- The duration of stay can vary depending on the patients’ clinical condition.
- The decision to admit the patient to Intensive care units depend upon the criticality of the patients’ clinical condition.
- A relative or a family member or a responsible friend should be available to stay with the patient round the clock and his/her mobile number should be left at the reception.
- No attendants will be allowed in ICU service area. This is hospital policy and is non negotiable for safety and security reason.
- You will be regularly seen by the consultant and by junior resident twice daily
Neuro Surgical Patients Policy
- In case of surgical patients, the exact date and time of surgery will be informed in due course. Sometime, there may be a delay for surgery after admission as some very sick patient may have to be offered precedence.
- The requirement for surgery and the payment will be discussed prior to surgery.
- In some patients clearance for surgery may be required from other consultants also like cardiac fitness, diabetic and hypertension related issues or ailments in other organ system.
- The date of discharge will be intimated by the consultant well in advance.
- Discharge procedure starts only after approval of the treating Doctor & preparation of discharge card.
- Any excess Medicines (PSD) refunds & Blood Bank deposit refunds should be done one day prior to discharge so as to save time. The ward secretary on the floor will help you in the process.
- The nurse would prepare the discharge papers and the ward secretary along with billing staff at the discharge counter will prepare the final bill.
- Surgical or traumatic wound care, urinary catheter care, feeding tube care, position check and all essential nursing care for the dependent patients will be explained by the nurse incharge and nursing supervisors.
- The drug details and the consumption of drug, the side effects will be explained to you.
- At the time of discharge from the hospital a detailed discharge summary detailing the illness, the management strategies and your followup advice will be handed over to you.
- After settling the final bill amount the discharge counter clerk will give a discharge intimation slip to the patients relative.
- As soon as the discharge intimation slip is received the nurse on the floor will hand over the original set of discharge card & reports to the patients relatives
- For insurance patients and company claims , please contact the medical insurance dept located at reception area for further guidance & assistance
Emergency Service Policy
- The EMR services are run by experienced resident doctors and all essential resuscitation measures like maintenance of BP, airway maintenance for breathing will be done immediately.
- The specialist consultants will visit the patient in 15-20 min and further management will be conducted based on the opinion of the consultants and the results of CT / MRI and blood tests.
- All patients presenting to casualty will be evaluated depending on the nature of illness and then are medically managed or surgically managed.